Previously answered on Quarks & Coffee:
- If we were far enough from earth, could we see the dinosaurs alive?
- Why don’t we shoot our nuclear waste into the sun?
- How much urine, not limited to human’s, is placed in toilets versus in the wild?
- What would happen if a black hole, the size of a coin, suddenly appeared in my pocket?
- Is it possible to 3D print a joint or blunt?
- Can we make an artificial Earth-like atmosphere on Mars?
- How much would the oceans drop if all the fish, etc. vanished?
- Is it possible for a large planet to orbit a star smaller than that planet?
- What if New Horizons flew by Earth instead of Pluto? Could it see my house?
- Is there Mercury, the element, on Mercury, the planet? Uranium on Uranus? Plutonium on Pluto?
- How much ice would I have to eat to lose 10 lbs?
- Have any stars died during my lifetime that I could see ‘burn out’ in the sky?
- Why can’t anything go faster than light? What if I was going 99.9999% the speed of light and I accelerated?
- How strong was the shockwave from the Tianjin explosion?
- Over one third of Americans are obese. Just how overweight are we, collectively?
- Over a lifetime, how long does a person spend brushing their teeth?
- What would happen if earth’s mass was gradually cut in half over a period of 75 years? The cause is irrelevant.